new

Monday, April 11, 2011

More Dr. apts.



Sorry its been over a week since I last updated, we have been busy and I have just been super tired. i don't want to do anything when I am home.


So we went to the radiologist that was not a fun appointment for Kylie. They had to make her mask that she will wear for her radiation treatments.

Its made from this flexible plastic that has tons of holes in it. it covers her whole head and attaches to the table so it keeps her head in perfect position for treatment. They tell me that's this is the most important part!! But she did NOT like it!!!!!!! It kills me every time I have to make her have some kind of test or scan or anything. I wish I could just do it for her.


They decided that she will have a mouthpiece in while they are doing her radiation so it targets the exact spot and doesn't have to go through her jaw or teeth as much.

But in order to do this we have to go to a special dentist to make the mouthpiece for her. So we have been back and forth twice already, we go back to the dentist today to make some adjustments then back to the radiation Dr. tomorrow to see if it will work. Poor kid is constantly at the Drs. and we are constantly driving in the car. But it has to be done so no use complaining right?


They are hoping to start radiation fairly soon in the next couple of weeks. I just want to start so then we can finish one huge part!


Kylie's hair has started to fall out :( This has been one of the hardest things for me so far. I know that its just hair and it will grow back, but it IS a big deal. Shes a girl who loves her long hair. It breaks my heart every morning when she wakes up and there is hair stuck to her clothes and pillow. and brushing it is torture. I knew this was a side effect but it is still hard to handle. She has been unbelievably strong so far about this. We are having a wig made for her. She even wants a pink wig and a blue sparkly one. LOL.

We found these really cute headbands that cover her head like a bandanna yesterday. She loves them so I see lots more of them in the future.


Well enough for now I'll post more later.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails