new

Thursday, May 5, 2011

radiation just about half done :)










Well tomorrow after her radiation treatment she will be half way done! We all can't wait to be done with this part. Not only does it break my heart everyday when I see her on that table, but its exhausting driving back and forth to the hospital. We get to valet the car right outside the door so that's nice when everything is running in time we are in and out and back in our car in 35 min. But its still a lot as you can imagine.



Kylie has been going to school during radiation as much as possible. Its starting to take a tole on her. She is just tired yesterday the school called and told me that Kylie was in the nurses office that she was really sleepy. So I went and picked her up it seems to me that by 1pm she needs to rest, so that's the plan I will pick her up everyday at 1pm so that she can come home and rest for a while before her treatment. Mike has been able to go back to work this week after taking the first week of treatments off, but he has managed to still come to most of the apt. with us. Kylie def. likes having all of us with her.



Last week when we were at Dr. Joes (where we go to get her chemo) they gave us a monkey!!



A monkey what am i talking about? I asked the same question to the nurse when she mentioned it to me. It is a stuffed money ( a big stuffed monkey) He is part of a program called " A monkey in my chair" this monkey goes to school and sits in her chair when she isn't there. The monkey which she named Coco puff goes with her class to PE, art, music, everything. He has his very own bag that the kids can make pictures, or cards to send home to Kylie. I think this is an AWSOME program the kids love it!!! He also came with a story book that explains to the class why the money is in her chair. Really cute book. There is also a little monkey that stays with Kylie that she named Coco pebbles. Things like this help make what is happening not as scary! I think its fantastic!!!!


So that's that! Kylie is still being a trooper and we are just trying to keep up with her!


Savanna is doing good, going to school and playing with her friends. She is really cute!! Funny little story


Mike had said to Kylie that if he had to cut his arm off for her he would. So I guess Kylie was asking savanna if she would give her arm to her. Which of course Savanna said No way!! LOL. Savanna then came out of the room telling Mike "daddy Kylie keeps asking me to give her my arm I don't want to" LOL I laughed so hard when I heard this story!! Poor kid doesn't get that she doesn't really want her arm! They are def. still asking normal they fight ALL the time!! I can only imagine when there is a boy in the mix!



My belly is getting big i am def. feeling more tired trying to keep up with everything, driving to apt, cleaning, laundry all that fun stuff. I have to say we have some fabulous friends!! All month that Kylie is receiving radiation people have volunteered to bring us dinner! It is wonderful to not have to cook after a long day. So thank you guys I don't how I can ever repay you!.


Another thing friends are now doing is selling gold ( ribbon color for childhood cancer) bracelets that say "courage for Kylie" this is a fundraiser to help pay the crazy medical bills. There has been such an unbelievable amount of people who have shown an interest in buying them! Its amazing how big peoples hearts are!!


Check out this link to see more!! http://www.simonds.me/courage.pdf Well I'm off to try to clean some of the house before we leave to get Savanna then off to treatment then off to the circus tonight YAY :)


Just want to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you wonderful mommies out there. Enjoy your day this Sunday. I know I will cherish my day with my girls :)









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails