new

Thursday, July 8, 2010

friend or Foe??

Walmart
Friend or foe???

I have very mixed feelings about this store. On the one hand you can get almost EVERYTHING you could need in one stop shopping, for low prices. But on the other hand everything they sell is from China. I do have problems with having everything you look at being made everywhere besides the US.

But today my issue is with Walmart making knockoff Girl Scout cookies. Thin Mints and tagalongs are 2 of the best selling kinds of cookies. I am a new Girl Scout Troop leader for my daughter. Now the Girl Scouts can only earn spending money by selling cookies once a year. This money is to fund their fun field trips, badges, uniforms, and camping trips. If Walmart is going to sell these cookies and people can get them anytime for cheap, then Troops will not be able to sell as many cookies as usual, and therefore will loose money and fun things.
The Girl Scout foundation is supposed to be for ANY girl who wants to join regardless of money or lack of! So Walmart is just taking away money from deserving girls all over the country. As if they don't have enough money already!!!!

Walmart is just the tip of the iceberg in this country, I feel like its all going downhill rapidly. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to live in any other country but I feel like big changes need to be made. I think we need to stop outsourcing jobs, and having everything made in China (its all crap,anyways) So in order to do that we need to stop spending our money in places like Walmart, and Target.
But like I said either those stores are so convenient. So what to do make more work for me going to 5 dif stores or give more of my money over to Walmart and China!

I know I am ranting but the article I read just made me angry!!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

I'm not big fan of Walmart but it sure is affordable for many.
you should post a link to the article. and I think people will still buy girl scout cookies.. it is such and american staple

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails