new

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Scary!!

So I had probably the scariest thing that could ever happen to a mom happen today. We all went fishing for fathers day, found a great lake to go to, found a great spot, everything was going great.. Relaxing in the shade, the girls were picking flowers and playing, they decided to go for a hike with mike. I was reading my book not paying attention to anything but it. Mike comes back 2 minutes later looks around and says wheres Savanna???? I'm like what are you talking about she went with you. He says i know but she walked back here. Now they literally went around the corner NOT FAR at all.

So now he goes back to where he was looking for her, no Savanna. I start calling her name no answer. At this point I'm not to worried I figured she was right back where Mike was. Now this lake we were at also has a beach but we were on the complete other side, so all you could here was all these families talking and laughing and noise, so you couldn't hear if Savanna was answering.

I am now totally FREAKING out, screaming her name, Kylie is crying looking for her too, Mike is calling for her. All I could think was that she fell in the lake, or that someone took her. I felt like I was in a lifetime movie. Finally after like 5 minutes (which felt like 10 hours!!) I see her come out of some bushes WAY down the trail running in the opposite direction crying calling "mommy, mommy". I am now screaming to her that I am right behind her. She finally spots me and comes running holding her dog dog saying she was trying to go back but couldn't find the way!!! I was SO happy I was crying like a nut saying don't ever leave me again! I picked her up to go tell mike that i found her, he actually was on the phone with 911, luckily we found her before he was even off the phone.
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO SCARED IN ALL MY LIFE!!!!

After we packed up and left I asked her why she walked right by me she told me she just didn't see me. I then asked her why she was in bushes her response was " there was bird in there i wanted to see" I should have known she is the type of kid that you could be doing something then all of a sudden she walks away saying look there's a butterfly, and follows it. But thank god nothing bad happened to her.

It makes me very appreciative for my children. There are just so many things that could happen to your kids. This day and age there are tons of nutjobs out there that we need to protect our children from. We had a long talk with the kids tonight about strangers, and not talking or going with them. We talked to them about what to do if someone grabbed them. Man my kids have some sets of lungs on them! I hope I never have to hear those screams for real!

It makes me so sad to think about all those kids that are missing and what their parents and families must feel. I mean Savanna was only missing for 5 min. and my heart was breaking, and i felt like a terrible mom saying how could i have lost my kid so easily! Thankfully everything turned out fine, but take the time to hug your kids whenever you can because you never know!!!!!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

geez, Kelly, what a nightmare.. I'm so happy she is okay :( I can' even imagine how scary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails